Automatic voice-over software creates lively and motivating lecture-based e-learning and training - quickly and easily, without any microphone recording or voice talents.
This amazing and unique PowerPoint® add-in accepts any narration text, converts it into a teacher's voice, syncs the voice, and automatically generates captions and speaker notes. On-screen text is eliminated.
For Successful e-Learning and Training Course Developers
The Best E-Learning
The best e-learning and computer-based training realizes the power and effectivity of teaching by a real instructor and lecturer through "lecture-based" e-learning.
However, because of time and cost constraints of voice recording most companies settle for "text-based" e-learning - equivalent to reading a textbook with navigation aids.
Let's compare "lecture-based" e-learning with "text-based" e-learning:
Lecture-based e-learning brings classroom teaching to the computer, enhanced by screen topic titles, text bullets, graphics and subtitles. It could be a recorded video of a lecture or an animated presentation to which a lecturer's audio track has been recorded, added and synched. The narration text appears in the speaker notes where it can be read and reviewed.
Disadvantage: Time and cost of voice recording and updating.
Text-based e-learning provides a textbook on the computer, supported by graphics and navigation aids. The text appears on the screen, usually without audio. Software that reads screen text aloud like JAWS is added to comply with Section 508.
Advantage: Easy to create and maintain.
Why is lecture-based e-learning superior?
There are many reasons why lecture-based e-learning is better:
- The lecturer elaborates on the subject, presents the background, brings relevant examples to illustrate it, and connects it to prior knowledge
- The lecturer delivers much more content. A two minute slide can have 300 spoken words but not more than 50 words of readable text.
- The lecturer's voice captures the learner's attention, sets a pace and motivates learning.
- The lecturer uses phrasing and articulation in his speech to bring out the exact meaning of the material in a way that text cannot do.
- The lecturer emphasizes what is important to know about the subject and what can be ignored.
The Solution: Speech-Over
Speech-Over overcomes the constraints of time and cost of voice recording in lecture-based e-learning:
- Speech-Over creates and maintains a lecturer's voice track much more quickly and inexpensively than recording voice talents.
- Produces an engaging, articulate and effective lecturer's voice with all of the advantages of a professional voice talent.
- Produce a lecturer's voice with variable speed to match individual learning preferences.
- Develop and improve the lecturer's text content and integrate it as part of course development instead of adding a recording at the last minute.